Budapest Jewish “Fencing and Athletics Club” High Jump Medal
Medal awarded by the “Vívó és Atlétikai Club” (“Fencing and Athletics Club”), the first Hungarian sports club for Jews, founded in 1906.
The medal depicts an athlete about to clear the bar in a high jump competition. The reverse bears the name of the club, its emblem, and the year “1906”. The club was banned during World War II, but reformed since then and has been participating in the Maccabi Games every year.