Record to Import Chinese Settlers
Record of a company to import to the island of Cuba 8000 Chinese settlers in the early years of Chinese emigration. Contains:- Application for approval of the import of Chinese settlers.
– Document Island Captain General of Cuba to report on the company and recommending approval. Signed by Captain General Jose de la Concha. 1852.
– General considerations topic
– Communication of the Captain General of Cuba Island. Signed by Captain General Valentin de Canedo. 1852.
– Request employers to not delay delivery Chinese settlers already in the sea to Cuba.
– List of owners, farmers and Cuban capitalists who will take charge of Chinese settlers. Stresses Mr Julian Zulueta, important Cuban capitalist slave of Basque origin. They take care to give employment to 6,000 Chinese settlers.
– Document Development Board advising that the delivery of Chinese settlers into by lottery or sweepstakes, playing only 5 to 6 colonists by owner.
– New list of large format business with commitment to purchase new contracts Asian settlers. This reduces the initial 6000 to 3000 Chinese settlers.
-Gazette newspaper in Havana with the publication of the list of lots of Chinese settlers awarded. Appear on behalf of their owners and the amount allocated.
-Two documents with two communications section of the Captain General of the draw for the Chinese settlers. Signed by Captain General Valentin de Canedo.
-Notarial contract of Chinese emigration entrepreneurs with their customers. They have all the items, rights and obligations. 1852
-Official model manuscript Superior Board of Health should be used to communicate the input of Chinese settlers.
– Two newspapers of the “Gaceta de la Habana” with the publication of the details of the contract
– Two newspapers of the “Diario de la Marina” with the publication of the details of the contract
– List of employers who will receive the first Chinese settlers arrived in Havana.
– Authorizations, communications on the shipment of Chinese settlers.
– Summary of the resolutions of the “Board of Public Works and Agriculture” authorizing the “whites Commission” to make adjustments with the contractors for the import of Chinese settlers.
– Summary of the resolutions of the “Agriculture Development Board and” forcing contractors to import Chinese settlers settlers who deliver the 15 days of arriving in the island.
– List of entrepreneurs who have been given Chinese settlers eventually. 1853.
– List of entrepreneurs who have been given 301 Chinese settlers eventually. 1853.
– Import agreement 3000 Chinese settlers for the year 1854.
– List of business to which they must give Chinese settlers to come for 1854. $ .